There are three different settings, depending on your preference and how much data you might want to use to see your location.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen, the app drawer, or the Notification Shade (swipe down from the top).
- Tap Privacy and safety. (The name of this section may vary from carrier to carrier.
- Tap the switch to turn it on.
- Tap Locating method.
Tap a method.
- GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks- this uses the built in GPS, whatever Wi-Fi you might be connected to, and your mobile data. This is the most accurate method.
- Wi-Fi and mobile networks- this setting uses the internet to pinpoint your location. It'll use a combination of Wi-Fi and your mobile data.
GPS only- Pretty self-explanatory – uses the built-in GPS to find you.